TAMPA, Fla. (FOX 13) - Premature birth is the number-one cause of newborn death, according to the March of Dimes.
In the U.S., premature birth endangers the lives of more than half a million babies every year.
That’s why the FOX 13 Care Force needs you to participate in the March for Babies.
Marches are being held during the month of May in Polk, Hillsborough, Pasco, and Pinellas counties. Dates, times, and locations are listed below.
- Sat. May 4 – Polk County; First Presbyterian Church; 175 Lake Hollingsworth Dr, Lakeland, FL 33801; Registration: 8 a.m. | Start: 9 a.m.
- Sat. May 11 – Hillsborough County; Amalie Arena; 401 Channelside Drive, Tampa, FL 33602; Registration: 7:00AM | Start: 9:00 AM
-Sat. May 11 – Pasco County; The Shops at Wiregrass; 28211 Paseo Drive, Wesley Chapel, FL 33543' Registration: 8 a.m. | Start: 9 a.m.
- Sat. May 18 – Pinellas County; Safety Harbor Marina;110 Veterans Memorial Lane, Safety Harbor, FL 34695; Registration: 8:30 a.m. | Start: 9:30 a.m.
If you're participating in the Hillsborough County walk, be sure to stop by the FOX 13 Spirit Station along the walk route to say hello and pick up some FOX 13 goodies.
With your support, the March of Dimes can continue to:
- Fund research into how to prevent premature birth
- Educate women about the signs of preterm labor and what to do if they have them
- Provide information and emotional support to families in babies in intensive care
- Assist healthcare professionals to better detect woman at risk for premature birth
- Advocate for expanded access to health insurance for mothers and babies
For more information or to create your own walk team, click on over to www.marchforbabies.org.