TAMPA (FOX 13) - The holiday season is not so joyous for more than 20,000 families across the Bay Area who struggle all year to make ends meet.
Food and toys for the Thanksgiving and Christmas seasons would be scarce for many of them, but Metropolitan Ministries hopes to make the holidays brighter for many of them with its annual food and toy donation drive.
The Metropolitan Ministries donation centers will open on Friday, November 2.
Anyone can drop off to collect donations that will benefit families in Hillsborough, Pasco, and Pinellas counties.
Some of the most-needed items include:
- Food: Cereal, rice, beans, potatoes, yams, stuffing, and frozen turkeys.
- Toys: Infant and teen gifts are always in short supply.
- Gift cards: Publix, Walmart, Target, Amazon, and local movie theaters.
The locations and hours of donation centers are:
- Holiday Tent: Hillsborough County; 905 Governor St., Tampa, FL, 33602; West of the E. Cass and N. Nebraska intersection, near downtown.
- Holiday Center: Pasco County; 3214 US Highway 19 N, Holiday, FL 34691
Donation center workers will be taking donations from 8 a.m. until 5 p.m. daily, with extended hours beginning on November 15.
For more information on how to help, visit https://www.metromin.org/holiday-central/holiday-drop-off-locations/.