If you’re in a newly serious relationship, there’s a good chance you’ll be going to the future in-laws for the first time this Christmas.
Here are your top 5 in-law survival tips.
1. Bring some noise canceling headphones. These aren’t for listening to music. They’re meant to be used as earmuffs.
2. Come with a 3 bottles of wine. This may seem like overkill, but keep in mind, 2 of them are for you.
3. Whether or not you do this at home, don’t expect to sleep in the same bed as your boo thang. Maybe the parents are cool and don’t care. Just don’t assume that will be the case.
4. Bring soft bottom slippers just in case number 3 doesn’t play in your favor. There’s a good chance you’ll be sneaking out of your room late at night and you’ll need all the help you can get.
5. Despite what we said in numbers 1-4, don’t assume the worst. Go in with a great attitude. Our job is simply to prepare you for it. Now slap a smile on your face and go get ‘em, tiger!
Now if you decide the relationship isn’t worth all this effort, click on this video for why being single at Christmas is the best.