(FOX 13) - The voluntary recall is limited to certain production codes, which can be found at http://www.nestleusa.com/media/pressreleases/nestle-digiorno-stouffers-lean-cuisine-voluntary-recall
No injuries associated with the affected products were reported.
On its website, Nestlé USA explained a possible explanation for the glass found in some products.
"We are recalling these products because they may contain small pieces of glass that may cause injury. Although our investigation is ongoing, we believe the source of the glass is spinach that was an ingredient common to the products subject to this recall."
Nestlé USA said anyone who may have one of the recalled products should not consume them, but should contact Nestlé Consumer Services at 1-800-681-1676.
Nearly three million frozen DiGiorno pizzas, Stouffer's lasagnas and Lean Cuisine meals were recalled after customers said they found pieces of glass in their food.
The recall comes shortly after Corona Extra issued a voluntary recall of some of its beer after shards of glass were found during a routine plant inspection. The two incidents are not related.
Nestlé USA, the company responsible for the DiGiorno, Stouffer's and Lean Cuisine brands being recalled said its recall was also voluntary. Affected products include:
- DiGiorno Thin & Crispy Spinach and Garlic Pizza
- DiGiorno Rising Crust Spinach and Mushroom Pizza
- DiGiorno pizzeria Thin Crust Spinach and Mushroom Pizza
- DiGiorno pizzeria Tuscan-style Chicken Pizza
- Lean Cuisine Spinach and Mushroom Pizza
- Lean Cuisine Spinach Artichoke Ravioli
- Lean Cuisine Ricotta and Spinach Ravioli
- Lean Cuisine Spinach, Artichoke & Chicken Panini
- Lean Cuisine Mushroom Mezzaluna Ravioli
- Stouffer’s Vegetable Lasagna (10 oz., 37 oz. and 96 oz. sizes)
- Stouffer’s Spinach Soufflé
- Stouffer’s Chicken Lasagna
The Associated Press contributed to this article.