Target recalls infant bicycle helmets for choking hazard

- Target issued a recall of infant bicycle helmets due to the potential for choking or swallowing a magnetic piece. 

The helmets, sold exclusively at Target from January 2014 through April 2016 for between $18 and $25, have a magnetic no-pinch buckle chin strap. It was discovered the small plastic covers and magnets on that piece can come loose and children could either choke on them or swallow the magnet.

The helmets were made for infants from 1- to 3-years-old and come in various colors and design patterns. “SCHWINN” is printed on the front of the helmets. Only helmets with the magnetic no-pinch chin strap buckles are affected by this recall.

Pacific Cycle has received three reports of the plastic cover coming loose. No injuries have been reported.

Anyone who bought one of these helmets should take is away from children and contact Pacific Cycle for instructions on how to receive a free replacement helmet.

To contact Pacific Cycle, call toll-free at (877) 564-2261 from 8 a.m. to 5 p.m. CST Monday through Friday, email customerservice@pacific-cycle.com or online at www.schwinnbikes.com and click on “Support” then “Safety & Recalls” or www.target.com and click on “Product Recall” for more information.

For more information from the Consumer Product Safety Commission, visit http://www.cpsc.gov/en/Recalls/2016/Pacific-Cycle-Recalls-Infant-Bicycle-Helmets/

Up Next:


Up Next

  • Target recalls infant bicycle helmets for choking hazard
  • Tampa Army reservist claims injury by Nutribullet blender
  • Yorgo's Foods issue recall due to potential Listeria contamination
  • Father thankful for 'just in case' life insurance policy purchase
  • Navigate the car insurance marketplace like a pro
  • Homeowners insurance part of a bigger protection puzzle
  • Home for the holiday: Stores closed for Thanksgiving 2017
  • Same-day delivery offered to Amazon Prime members in Sarasota
  • Weight Watchers debuts 85-calorie diet wine for the holidays
  • NutriBullet owners claim devices 'burst;' caused severe burns and cuts