TAMPA (FOX 13) - Ingredients:
Pasta Salad (About 8 servings)
- 1 lb. pasta
- 1/2 pint small, sweet tomatoes (Cherry or Grape)
- 1/2 cup black olives, sliced
- 1/2 bell pepper, julienned or diced
- 1/4 oz. (about 1/2 cup sliced) sliced pepperoni, cut into ribbons
- 1/2 cup shredded Pecorino Romano or Parmesan cheese
- 1/2 cup fresh mozzarella pearls
- Juice of 1 lemon
- 1/2 cup to 3/4 cup extra virgin olive oil (amount will vary based on amount of juice gleaned from the lemon, and your desired level of acidity. Do a taste test before adding it to the pasta!)
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 1/2 cup basil, finely chopped
- Cook pasta according to instructions on the box. Set to the side and allow pasta to cool to room temperature.
- In the bottom of your serving bowl, whisk together your dressing ingredients.
- Add the rest of your pasta salad ingredients to the bowl and toss in the dressing.
- Cover with plastic wrap and place in the fridge to chill, at least 20 minutes, to overnight.
**Feel free to experiment with other meats and veggies -- salami, marinated artichoke hearts, broccoli florets, chopped cucumbers, whatever you like!