Servings: About 4
- 1/2-lb. macaroni (or pasta shape of your choice), cooked according to instructions on the box
- 1 1/2 cups to 2 cups of cooked lobster meat
- 4 tbs. butter
- 4 tbs. flour
- 4 cups milk
- 2 cups sharp white cheddar cheese, grated
- 1 cup Gouda cheese, grated
- 1 cup Gruyere cheese, grated
- 4 tbs. Sherry wine
- 1 tbs. Old Bay seasoning
- 1/2 tsp. nutmeg
- 2 tbs. parsley, chopped
- 2 tbs. tarragon, chopped
- Red chili flake, to taste (optional)
- Cook pasta, per instructions on the box. I used medium shells (to go with the seafood theme!), about 3 cups dry pasta was enough for this recipe.
- Remove the lobster meat from the shell. I buy at least a 1.5-pound lobster (but bigger means more meat!) and have the store steam it for me. Chop the meat finely and set to the side. (If you have a difficult time shelling lobster claw meat, you might try buying a few steamed lobster tails, since those seem to be easier to crack into. You really only need a pair of kitchen shears.)
- In a pot, melt the butter. Whisk in the flour and cook for a few minutes on medium heat, until the mixture is golden-brown.
- Add milk, cook for 5-10 minutes until it has thickened up into a thin sauce.
- Mix in shredded cheeses, Sherry, Old Bay and nutmeg into the sauce.
- Once the cheese has melted, add the cooked pasta and lobster meat. Gently mix in the chopped herbs.
This recipe and others from Vanessa available on her food blog: www.foodshelikes.com!