About 2 servings (4 English Muffin halves):
- 2 egg yolks
- 1 tbs. lemon juice
- 4 tbs. butter, melted
- Salt, to taste
- Cayenne, to taste
- Melt butter in a pan on the stove top (or in a dish in the microwave).
- In a blender, add egg yolks and blend on high
- Add lemon juice, then SLOWLY drizzle in melted butter.
- Add seasonings, and blend again until everything is combined.
- 2 cups arugula
- 1 tbs. extra virgin olive oil
- 1 tbs. white or red wine vinegar
- Pinch of salt and pepper
- In the bottom of a bowl whisk together olive oil, vinegar and seasonings.
- Toss arugula in the dressing and set aside.
- 4 eggs
- White vinegar, couple teaspoons
- Fill pot with at least 2-inches of water, and bring to a gentle boil.
- Add a couple teaspoons of white vinegar, and give the water a swirl to make a tiny whirlpool. This will help the egg whites stay together.
- Gently break the eggs into the water (try to allow each one to firm up a bit before adding the next). Cook for 3-4 minutes.
- 8 slices bacon, (2 per muffin half)
- 4 slices tomato
- Thinly sliced red onions
- Chopped herbs of your choice
Building your Eggs Benedict:
- Toast the English muffins.
- Layer a tomato slice on each muffin half, then some sliced red onions, arugula salad, and then the sliced bacon (you might have to cut each slice in half to get it to fit on the muffin). Top with a poached egg, Hollandaise, and chopped herbs.