1. Cook pasta according to label instructions. Set aside to cool.
2. In a bowl or canning jar, combine all dressing ingredients and mix thoroughly. Set aside.
3. In a pan on medium heat, cook the diced chicken with about one quarter of the dressing, for 5 to 10 minutes, until pink disappears from the chicken. Set chicken aside to cool.
4. Combine pasta, chicken, vegetables, and sesame seeds in a large bowl. Add remaining dressing and mix thoroughly. Garnish with more green scallions, edamame, and chow mein or fried wontons.
Vanessa's Asian pasta salad is a great way to stay cool on a hot Florida day.
Check out the recipe below or click here for a printable PDF version. You can also find more over at www.foodshelikes.com.
• 1 lb. pasta, cooked and cooled
• 2 cups Asian-style salad mix (or broccoli slaw, cole slaw, or similar salad mix)
• 1 red pepper, sliced
• ½ cup edamame
• 2 tbsp. sesame seeds
• 1 cup chopped green scallions
• 1 lb. chicken, diced
• Chow mein noodles or fried wontons, for garnish
• 2 cloves garlic, minced
• ½ cup soy sauce
• 1 tbsp. sesame oil
• ½ cup light olive oil
• ½ cup rice wine vinegar
• 2 tbsp. honey
• 1 tsp. red pepper flake
• ½ tsp. black pepper
• 1 tbsp. ginger paste (or ground ginger)
• ½ cup mayo
Servings: About 4 to 6