(FOX 13) - INSTRUCTIONS:
1. Prepare the tofu by draining the water from the packaging and wrapping it with paper towels, place a heavy pan on top to help press out as much moisture as possible. Let this sit for about 20 minutes.
2. Cube up the tofu block and toss the cubes in a mixture of corn starch, garlic powder, and salt.
3. Fry the tofu in a skillet with vegetable oil, turning cubes over when one side becomes golden-brown and crispy.
4. Remove the tofu and set it aside.
If you haven't tried tofu, this is the way to do it. It's hard to go wrong with the delicious mix of coconut and cashew.
• 1 package of tofu, super firm or extra firm
• 2 cups butternut squash, grated or finely diced
• 2 cups broccoli florets
• Corn starch, to dredge the tofu cubes (several tablespoons needed)
• 1 tsp. garlic powder
• 1 13-oz. can of coconut milk
• 1 cup of water
• 4 tbsp. cashew butter
• 6 cloves garlic, minced
• ½ sweet yellow onion, sliced
• ½ tsp. garam masala
• ½ tsp. cayenne pepper
• 4 tbsp. soy sauce
• 4 tbsp. lime juice
• 2 tbsp. fresh parsley
• Green scallions, for garnish
• Salt and pepper, to taste
5. In the same pan, sauté the onion, garlic, broccoli, and butternut squash for several minutes, until they start to soften.
6. Add the coconut milk, water, cashew butter, garam masala, cayenne pepper, soy sauce, lime juice, and parsley. Raise heat and bring sauce to a boil, then reduce the heat and let sauce simmer for 5-10 minutes until the sauce thickens. Season with salt and pepper, as desired.
7. Serve tofu over a bed of rice or noodles with vegetables and sauce on top. Garnish with scallions.
Servings: About 2 to 4