TAMPA (FOX 13) - Servings: 6
- -16 oz. pkg Pancit Canton noodles, or rice noodles
- -1 lb. pork shoulder, thinly sliced
- -1 chicken breast, thinly sliced
- -1/2 lb. shrimp, peeled & deveined
- -1/4 cup soy sauce (can add more later for taste)
- -1 cup shredded carrots
- -2 cups shredded green cabbage or bok choy
- -1 red bell pepper, julienned
- -4 cloves garlic, minced
- -1/4 cup onion, diced
- -3.5 oz shiitake mushrooms, stems removed & sliced
- -1 cups snow peas
- -24 oz. chicken broth
- -Scallions, sliced, for garnish
- -2 calamansi, juiced (or can use lemon juice)
- -Black pepper, to taste
- -2 hard-boiled eggs, sliced (optional, for garnish)
- In a wok, or large pan, saute garlic and onion in some vegetable oil until onion is translucent.
- Add pork and chicken, and cook for 3-4 minutes on medium heat, until most of the pink is gone from the meat.
- Add the shrimp, and cook for about 3 more minutes, until shrimp has curled inward and turned pink.
- Season with black pepper, and the soy sauce.
- Add the vegetables. Cook for a couple minutes, until veggies are slightly tender (but not soft). You may cover the pan to help the vegetables steam.
- Set aside the cooked meat and veggies and the sauce into a separate bowl.
- To your wok or large pan, add chicken broth and bring to a boil.
- Place pancit canton noodles in the broth. You may break them up slightly to fit them in the pan. If using rice noodles, you might have to soak them in water for a couple minutes before putting them into the boiling chicken broth (see instructions on the package).
- On medium heat, continue to cook the noodles. They are done when the broth is all soaked up and the noodles are al dente.
- Plate noodles on a large platter. Spoon meat and veggies (and the sauce you saved) over the top. Garnish with chopped scallions, sliced hard-boiled eggs, and the juice of 2 calamansi (or half a lemon).
This recipe and others from Vanessa available on her food blog: www.foodshelikes.com!