TAMPA (FOX 13) - It may sound complicated and rich, but Vanessa promises her truffled lobster alfredo recipe is an easy one.
Watch the video above for directions; here's what you'll need to make it:
- 1 lb. lobster meat, cooked, shelled, and chopped (several tails were used in TV preparation)
- 1 cup lobster broth (reserved water used to boil your lobster)
- 1/2 sweet yellow onion, finely diced
- 3 cloves garlic, finely minced
- 1 tbsp. butter
- 1 tbsp. olive oil
- 2 cups half and half
- 1 tsp. paprika
- 1/4 tsp. crushed red pepper flake
- 4 oz. grated Parmesan cheese
- 2 tsp. white truffle oil
- 1 cup grape tomatoes, quartered
- 2 tbsp. fresh basil, finely chopped
- Fresh pasta of your choice, cooked according to package instructions (fettucine used above)
- Salt and pepper, to taste
1) Cook your lobster. If using tails, bring water to a boil and season with salt. Boil tails for several minutes-1 minute per ounce. Reserve 1 cup of lobster broth after the lobster is cooked and set aside.
2) In a pan, heat butter and olive oil. Sauté onion and garlic on medium-low heat for several minutes, until they become soft and the onion is translucent.
3) Add lobster broth and half and half to the pan and raise temperature to medium-high and bring mixture to a boil.
4) Stir in paprika, crushed red pepper flake, and Parmesan cheese, and reduce heat to medium or medium-low to simmer the sauce and reduce it. Stir frequently.
5) Once the sauce is thickened, usually after about 15 minutes, turn off heat, add lobster meat, quartered grape tomatoes, and fresh basil. Finish with a drizzle of white truffle oil and mix together.
6) Serve mixed in or on top of cooked pasta, and enjoy!