Two fried snakes discovered inside electrical box at Morganton home

- City of Morganton Electric Services Department Workers were in for a surprise last week when they went to disconnect power at a house on E. Parker Road. 

According to the City of Morganton's Facebook page, the house is scheduled to be demolished.

They said when City workers opened the electrical box, they were greeted by two dead snakes that had managed to climb into the box.

Officials said one snake slithered across two hot terminals and was electrocuted; the second snake was biting the first and received the jolt as well.

Electric Services Director Brooks Kirby said his guys come across fried snakes every two or three years.

Up Next:


Up Next

  • Two fried snakes discovered inside electrical box at Morganton home
  • "Cavern" under roadway closes Fletcher lanes
  • Girl dies after being hit by truck in Riverview neighborhood
  • Manatee County deputy rescues couple from burning car
  • Lakeland K9 unit members disciplined for speeding
  • Gator greets snorklers in Three Sisters Springs
  • Weeki Wachee becomes K9 water training camp
  • Manatee Commission votes to remove Confederate statue
  • Casting now open for role of Ralphie in 'A Christmas Story' live
  • F-35 fighter parts manufacturer celebrates 20 years in Pinellas