Two fried snakes discovered inside electrical box at Morganton home

- City of Morganton Electric Services Department Workers were in for a surprise last week when they went to disconnect power at a house on E. Parker Road. 

According to the City of Morganton's Facebook page, the house is scheduled to be demolished.

They said when City workers opened the electrical box, they were greeted by two dead snakes that had managed to climb into the box.

Officials said one snake slithered across two hot terminals and was electrocuted; the second snake was biting the first and received the jolt as well.

Electric Services Director Brooks Kirby said his guys come across fried snakes every two or three years.

Up Next:


Up Next

  • Two fried snakes discovered inside electrical box at Morganton home
  • Community takes stand against Seminole Heights murderer
  • County won't remove pile of Irma debris from private property
  • Victim's family reeling after third murder in Seminole Heights
  • Family wants to thank mystery Good Samaritans who helped at crash
  • 24-year-old killed in Lakeland hit-and-run
  • Dunedin man facing explosive charges has mental health evaluation
  • TPD on Seminole Heights murders: 'Someone's terrorizing the neighborhood'
  • Controversial ICE program allows Pasco deputies to check immigration status
  • Save on Halloween candy without seeming cheap