Two fried snakes discovered inside electrical box at Morganton home

- City of Morganton Electric Services Department Workers were in for a surprise last week when they went to disconnect power at a house on E. Parker Road. 

According to the City of Morganton's Facebook page, the house is scheduled to be demolished.

They said when City workers opened the electrical box, they were greeted by two dead snakes that had managed to climb into the box.

Officials said one snake slithered across two hot terminals and was electrocuted; the second snake was biting the first and received the jolt as well.

Electric Services Director Brooks Kirby said his guys come across fried snakes every two or three years.

Up Next:


Up Next

  • Two fried snakes discovered inside electrical box at Morganton home
  • Irma victims line up for help in Polk County
  • Killer remains at large in Seminole Heights murders
  • Plane hits two cars in St. Pete crash-landing
  • Pasco cracks down on school threats
  • Neighbors puzzled by woman's murder
  • Michigan university offering first-ever degree in marijuana studies
  • VIDEO: Lakeland PD officer clipped by truck during traffic stop
  • Person of interest sought in attempted kidnapping at Aquatica
  • Teacher's aide accused of molesting teen