Stolen vehicle suspect arrested near Hollywood Walk of Fame after chase

- A suspect in a stolen car led officers on a chase from Hollywood to the west San Fernando Valley and back again before he stopped and was taken into custody along the Walk of Fame.

The chase began about 6:45 p.m. in the 5700 block of Hollywood Boulevard, near Wilton Place, according to the Los Angeles Police Department.

The suspect made his way north into Woodland Hills before heading south on the Ventura and Hollywood (101) freeways, with LAPD and California Highway Patrol officers alternately taking the lead in the pursuit.

The blue Dodge Avenger eventually exited at Vermont Avenue, turned back north on the Hollywood Freeway and then exited on Sunset Boulevard, first heading west then north on Bronson Avenue to westbound Hollywood Boulevard.

A large group of spectators along the Hollywood Walk of Fame could be seen snapping photos of the vehicle as it slowly made its way west amid traffic.

After turning around and briefly going east again in the heart of the area's tourist district, the suspect stopped at the intersection of Hollywood Boulevard and Highland Avenue, where he got out and was taken down by LAPD officers.

Copyright 2017 FOX 11 Los AngelesDownload our mobile app for breaking news alerts or to watch FOX 11 News | Follow us on FacebookTwitterInstagram, and YouTube. Be a citizen journalist for FOX 11 and get paid – download the Fresco News App today.

Up Next:

Up Next

  • Stolen vehicle suspect arrested near Hollywood Walk of Fame after chase
  • Semi driver survives crash into median on Kansas highway
  • Woman battling cancer dies after eating contaminated oysters
  • Barcelona Terror Attack: 13 dead, 100 injured after attacker drives van into crowd
  • Woman's long-lost diamond ring found on carrot in garden
  • Trump decries monument removals, 'history ripped apart'
  • Powerball jackpot reaches $510 million
  • Dogs surf to raise awareness about pet euthanasia
  • Deputies: Man stole from patient in a coma
  • Pursuit suspect falls to his death at Port of LA after chase, standoff