Female suspect surrenders after high-speed chase

- A woman with traffic warrants took police on a chase across two counties on Thursday.

The high-speed chase started around 12:30 p.m. close to downtown Fort Worth. A city marshal tried to make a traffic stop because the car had no brake lights. The driver wouldn't stop, but the deputy marshal followed and didn't chase.

When the driver got out of downtown, a Fort Worth police officer also responded. The officer also tried to make a traffic stop. The yellow Chevy Cavalier sped away and the chase was on, going for about 40 miles from Fort Worth into Dallas.

At one point, the female driver dodged a spike strip on I-20 while going significantly faster than 75 miles per hour. The chase then headed northbound on Interstate 45 and onto the streets of downtown Dallas.

The chase ended about an hour after it started. Officers successfully spiked the car's tires as the driver exited the Dallas North Tollway. She stopped on Normandy and Lomo Alto in University Park. 

Residents in Highland Park and University Park say they came out when they heard the sirens.

"She was still going 40 to 50 miles per hour,” said Seth Pyle who witnessed the chase. “That's really fast for these streets. She was trying to get away."

The woman, identified as Rashida Ester, was arrested and charged with evading arrest. Her bond was set at $5,000.

The marshal's office said Ester had what's known as a blue warrant for a probation violation. She also had multiple warrants for traffic violations in Fort Worth.

Police said even without the chase anyone caught with a warrant for a probation violation would have gone to jail.

Up Next:

Up Next

  • Female suspect surrenders after high-speed chase
  • Amber Alert issued for 13-year-old Lancaster girl
  • Wife hides pregnancy during husband's 6-month deployment; gives epic homecoming
  • Boa constrictor may also have died in Florida man's plunge over Niagara Falls
  • State: 111 terminally ill end lives under new California law
  • Paddington bear creator Michael Bond dies at 91
  • U.S. Navy holds memorial service for 7 sailors killed in crash
  • YouTube stunt with gun leaves boyfriend dead in Halstad, Minnesota
  • Two arrests in brutal attack of tourists
  • Woman set on fire by ex-boyfriend in 2015 dies