Check the location of children's cellphone charger, fire department warns

A fire department is warning parents to check the location of their child’s cellphone charger due to burn risks.

The Newton New Hampshire Fire Department posted to Facebook about the dangers of charging a device on a bed or under a pillow – which is where 53 percent of children and teens charge their cellphones and tablets, the fire department said, citing new research.

Officials warned the practice can be “extremely dangerous” due to the fact that the heat generated from the charger can't dissipate.

The fire department said the charger can overheat and could result in a pillow or bed catching fire.

The post, which urges parents to check the location of their child’s charger, has been shared on Facebook nearly 25,000 times.

Up Next:


Up Next

  • Check the location of children's cellphone charger, fire department warns
  • Fake street signs warn of easily started police
  • Little girl pretends to be police officer
  • Trump son-in-law Kushner denies collusion with Russia
  • Seminole County school district is the first in the state to try new "Panic Button" smart app
  • Photos of teacher panhandling for school supplies go viral
  • Texas man ordered to pay $65G in child support for kid who isn't his
  • Brothers, ages 5 and 2, crash mom's car during joy ride
  • Death toll in immigrant smuggling case rises
  • 9 die in immigrant-smuggling attempt in sweltering truck