Texas teen electrocuted, killed while using phone in the bath

- A Texas teen died Sunday morning while using her cellphone in a bathtub, according to reports.

14-year-old Madison Coe was allegedly electrocuted while she was taking a bath at her father’s home in Lovington, New Mexico.

Relatives told a local news station that the accident was caused either from Coe plugging in her phone while in the tub or grabbing the phone while it was charging.

The teenager recently graduated from eighth grade at Terra Vista Middle School.

District officials issued a statement saying, “It is with heavy hearts that Frenship Independent School District mourns the loss of Madison Coe. We wish to share our heartfelt sympathy with her family and friends as we carry the burden of this tragedy together.”

To help pay for the funeral, friends of Coe have organized a GoFundMe page.

More from Fox News. 

Up Next:


Up Next

  • Texas teen electrocuted, killed while using phone in the bath
  • FOX News reports Pres. Trump to send 4,000 troops to Afghanistan
  • Arizona teen with terminal illness wants 100,000 birthday cards
  • Americans are dazzled as eclipse turns day into night
  • Eclipse 2017 picture: Do you see Buddha, a man, or something else?
  • NASA photographer catches space station passing eclipsed sun
  • Jefferson Davis monument defaced for 2nd time in less than a week
  • Mom, 26, cut in half when elevator reportedly malfunctions in freak accident
  • Trump will address path forward on Afghanistan
  • University of Texas in Austin removes Confederate statues