Teen dies from using too much deodorant

(FOX News) - A British teenager who used cans of deodorant in lieu of bathing died from inhaling gas.

Police found 42 aerosol cans in the room of Thomas Townsend, 16, of Folkestone, Kent in southeast England, The Sun reported.

According to his mother, Sally, Thomas would spray half a can of deodorant on himself instead of taking a shower, then spray aftershave to cover up body odor.

"He would go through a can a week,” she told investigators. “I didn't know he had so many cans in his room but he was a big hoarder.”

Click here to read the full story from FOX News. 

Up Next:


Up Next

  • Teen dies from using too much deodorant
  • WATCH: Dog pushes shopping cart on grocery-shopping trip
  • 42 people injured in train collision in Upper Darby
  • Joint funeral planned for fallen Kissimmee officers
  • FOX News reports Pres. Trump to send 4,000 troops to Afghanistan
  • Arizona teen with terminal illness wants 100,000 birthday cards
  • Mother arrested for leaving kids in hot car while she drinks at bar
  • Police: 2-month-old boy killed by family dog in Houston
  • Americans are dazzled as eclipse turns day into night
  • Eclipse 2017 picture: Do you see Buddha, a man, or something else?