Carbon monoxide sends 5 Dallas children to the hospital

- Five Dallas children were taken to the hospital Thursday after being exposed to carbon monoxide gas.

Dallas Fire-Rescue spokesman Jason Evans said their mother called 911 around 6:20 p.m. to report that they were all sick inside their apartment at The Hamptons at Lake West on Bickers Street.

When firefighters arrived they noticed the children were all exhibiting varying classic signs of CO poisoning. Everyone was moved outside and their conditions seemed to improve almost immediately, Evans said.

Initial monitoring of the apartment found traces of CO coming from a water heater. Apparently, the heater’s vent was blocked by pieces of sheet rock, causing the deadly gas to build up in the home.

The children, all between the ages of 1 and 14, were hospitalized as a precaution. They are expected to be okay.

Up Next:


Up Next

  • Carbon monoxide sends 5 Dallas children to the hospital
  • Michigan university offering first-ever degree in marijuana studies
  • Caught in the Act of Caring: Doctor dances with worried children
  • FBI: 60 arrested in Georgia in human trafficking investigation
  • Las Vegas guard Jesus Campos resurfaces on Ellen DeGeneres' show
  • Harford County suspect linked to shooting in Wilmington, Delaware, police say
  • Ford recalling about 1.3M vehicles for possible door issue
  • Hospital surveillance video shows flames, wind blowing embers from wildfires
  • Woman who runs over toddler dragged from SUV, beaten
  • Kentucky motel welcomes woman and horse as guests