DIY slime project burns 11-year-old girl, family says

- A Massachusetts family is alerting others about the dangers of do-it-yourself homemade slime after their 11-year-old daughter suffered second- and third-degree burns on her hands. According to her doctors, the burns are the result of prolonged exposure to one of the recipe’s key ingredients.

The young girl named Kathleen Quinn reportedly was making the slime on a daily basis, suffered the injury while staying over at a friend’s house.  “It felt really hot and tingly,” said the young girl.  Quinn's mother said by the time they picked the girl up from her friend’s house the following morning, she was crying in pain and her hands were covered in blisters.

Quinn's "slime" creations included Borax One as a key ingredient.  Doctors believe this was the cause of her injuries.  She was rushed to the hospital where doctors diagnosed her blistered hands and second and third-degree burns.  "You must have to really read the packages and know what you're mixing because there are certain things in the home that are just dangerous," said Quinn's doctor.  Her message to other kids is "don't make it, don't play with it."

 

CREDIT: FOX NEWS

Up Next:


Up Next

  • DIY slime project burns 11-year-old girl, family says
  • Trump launches petition to stand for national anthem
  • Pentagon faces demands for details on deadly attack in Niger
  • KFC follows 11 people on Twitter and the reason is mind blowing
  • Ex-Oklahoma inmate sues county over nearly 4-day erection
  • 'You are my slave:' School ends Civil War dress-up activity
  • Newborn's dad sold heroin in hospital maternity ward, police say
  • Actress Heather Kerr alleges sexual misconduct against Harvey Weinstein
  • Uncle drowned 6-year-old nephew in bathtub, authorities say
  • Transgender woman convicted of sexually assaulting 10-year-old girl in bathroom