WINDEMERE (FOX 13) - The next owner of this Central Florida home will have some big shoes to fill – and an even bigger closet to keep them in. NBA legend Shaquille O’Neal has put his Windermere mansion on the market, and the 31,000-square-foot waterfront home can be yours for a cool $28 million.
The 12-bedroom home sits on three acres along Lake Butler in the exclusive Isleworth community and features a giant pool, dock, and – of course – an indoor basketball court.
The New York Post reports that Shaq bought the property for $3.95 million in 1993 after joining the Orlando Magic. Details and photos shared by Premier Sotheby's International Realty shows he spent the last 25 years putting his own touches on the property.
For starters, there’s the 15-foot round bed in the 900-square-foot master bedroom and a closet that has four rooms itself. There’s a giant 3-D mural of Shaq driving a semi-truck, which doubles as a fish tank. And Superman himself is keeping watch out on the superstar’s dock.
Outside, a 95-foot pool features a custom rock waterfall and a large hot tub. The cabana and outdoor kitchen completes the area that Shaq reportedly nicknamed “Shaq-apulco.”
"This one-of-a-kind estate was designed for one of the most dominant players in the history of the NBA. Every exquisite detail has been curated to deliver the ultimate luxury living experience,” the agent, Danial Natoli of Premier Sotheby's International Realty, wrote in the listing. “While it was built for a basketball legend, the world-class amenities and fine finishes will delight any discriminating homebuyer."
The Shaq-sized list of amenities is below. For more, you can visit the home’s website: https://9927-giffin-ct-windermere-fl.com/
- 1,170-square-foot, 2-story great room with marble fireplace and walls of glass.
- Formal dining room with seating for 16; hand-crafted wood paneling and moldings.
- Chef's kitchen with custom wood cabinetry and six-foot granite-top cooking island and Viking, Wolf and Sub-Zero appliances.
- Two-way coral stone fireplace accenting the kitchen nook and family room.
- Sound-proof home theater with long bar area.
- Elongated gallery hall designed for art collection.
- Gentleman's room with game tables, wet bar, wine refrigerator, sink, ice maker and balcony.
- Enclosed temperature-controlled cedar-planked humidor and wine storage.
- Unique aquarium-style room with saltwater triangular fish tank.
- Full resort-style guest wing with five en-suite bedrooms, great room and bar.
- Showroom-like garage and fitness room.
- 6,000-square-foot indoor basketball gym.
- 2,100-square-foot secondary garage with dance studio and enclosed recording studio.
- Master retreat encompassing a full wing of estate with 900-square-foot sleeping area and balcony.
- Four-room master closet with custom shelving and center island.
- His-and-her master baths with jetted showers and vanity sinks.
- Four en-suite bedrooms, two with balconies.
- 95-foot-long, 15-feet-deep pool with custom rock waterfall.
- Large sunken hot tub.
- Expansive summer kitchen.
- Tiki-style open cabana overlooking the sandy beach side of the lake.
- Covered boat dock with sitting area and electric boat lift.