ODESSA (FOX 13) - A man and his elderly mother have been taken to the hospital following an early-morning house fire and two possible propane tank explosions.
Fire rescue crews say the flames broke out at a home in the 16000 block of Lake Church Drive, and that neighbors said they heard the explosions sometime soon after.
Major Chad Chronister of the Hillsborough County Sheriff's Office says two residents were inside the 5,800 square-foot, lake-front home at the time- a 60-year-old man and his 90-year-old mother.
The man reportedly woke up to the flames, and then woke his mother, grabbed their dogs and got them all to safety.
Both were taken to the hospital. The man was said to have suffered from smoke inhalation, and the mother was taken as a precaution, as she is 90 and disabled.
As of 6 a.m., firefighters were still working to contain the flames, but said the closest fire hydrant is about a mile away, forcing them to drive to the hydrant, fill up a pump truck and then bring water back to the scene.
The fire has since been contained, and crews say the home may be a total loss.
FOX 13 will continue with updates as they become available.