Four people overcome by carbon monoxide at Bartow restuarant

- A carbon monoxide scare sends four people to the hospital in Bartow.

Polk County Fire Rescue crews responded to the Catfish Country restaurant, on E. F. Griffin Road, just after 2:30 p.m. Monday.

 Rescue workers found four people who needed to be treated for possible carbon monoxide poisoning.  All of the patients had been using chemicals to clean inside the restaurant.

Crews found carbon monoxide levels to be more than 500 parts per million.  Anything over 50 parts per million is considered to be hazardous.

The four patients were transported to Lakeland Regional Medical Center.

Up Next:


Up Next

  • Four people overcome by carbon monoxide at Bartow restuarant
  • St. Pete teens weigh-in on teen car theft 'epidemic'
  • Former TPD sergeant takes plea deal in fraud case
  • Manhattan Casino restaurant draws more opposition
  • Trop game reborn as 'Gasparilla Bowl'
  • Old Tampa Tribune site becoming luxury apartments
  • Ringling Bros. train car 57 gets permanent home in Seffner
  • Travel agents troubled by Mexico travel advisory
  • Firearms stolen, elderly person injured during home invasion
  • Hooter's employee helps Hillsborough deputies take down suspect