Little girl stuck in chimney rescued in Clearwater

- Clearwater firefighters have rescued a little girl who became stuck in a chimney, police said Monday. 

Police say the call came in just before 6 p.m.

Officials say the 8-year-old girl lives next to the vacant home on Woodlawn Street.

They say she shimmied up a pole in the back of the home to gain access to the roof then fell into the chimney.

Firefighters were on scene removing parts of the chimney to get to the girl, police said.

After pulling the girl from the chimney, officials say she only suffered a bruised knee and didn't need to be taken to the hospital.

PHOTOS COURTESY: Clearwater Fire & Rescue

Up Next:


Up Next

  • Little girl stuck in chimney rescued in Clearwater
  • Pedestrian hit and killed by Lakeland city employee
  • Lockheed Martin celebrates 20 years in Pinellas
  • Water Street project plan visuals released
  • Woman died folllowing early morning U.S. 19 crash
  • Gator greets snorklers in Three Sisters Springs
  • Ybor City security guard skips court, prompting new warrant
  • Despite age, tanker aircraft ‘invaluable' to America's military mission, commander says
  • Extraordinary Ordinaries: Riverside Recovery
  • Lakeland veterinarian, husband face animal cruelty charges