Man dies in Pasco house fire; investigation underway

- A man is dead Wednesday morning after a Pasco County home caught fire.

According to Pasco County Fire Rescue, the blaze started around 1:30 in the morning at 13009 Newgent Road. Firefighters arrived as smoke filled rooms and flames burned through the walls and attic.

Two people escaped before the first engines arrived. The pair alerted firefighters to a man trapped inside the burning house.

Firefighters used thermal imaging cameras to pinpoint the 67-year-old victim's location. Medics transported him to the hospital where he died.

Investigators sifted through debris and took pictures throughout the morning. The arson dog sniffed for clues to explain how the fire began.

So far, authorities have not released any information about a possible cause or the identity of the man who died.
 

Up Next:


Up Next

  • Man dies in Pasco house fire; investigation underway
  • Manatee exhibit reopens after death of Snooty
  • Accused killer's best friend never saw signs of violence
  • Dog owner moves grave from Lake Wales city park
  • Scent preservation kit helps track missing woman
  • Dog rescued from Korea 'meat farm' is missing
  • Man allegedly threatens road rage victims with sword
  • Search and rescue volunteers train with Pasco deputies
  • "Backpacks of Hope" for students in need of school supplies
  • Viral shark-dragging video leads to FWC investigation