Hover boards catch fire in Haines City

- Haines City firefighters responded to a fire Saturday that was believed to be caused by charging hover boards.

The fire happened around 2 p.m. at a home on Baker Dairy Road.

According to fire officials, the hover boards were plugged into the same outlet after being used. Moments later, a fire broke out.

Investigators believe the fire may have started in the charging device and spread, causing smoke damage throughout the house.

No one was injured during the incident.

Up Next:


Up Next

  • Hover boards catch fire in Haines City
  • Polk County thieves targeting boats more often
  • Woman injured in Clearwater house fire
  • Standoff ensues after man tries to flee Tampa crash scene
  • Cleaning up Kennedy on Tampa council members agenda
  • St. Pete police seek elderly man's stolen tricycle
  • Free clinics help fill Florida's widening health care gap
  • Rescuers searching for tiny orphaned bobcat kitten
  • Police: Suspect remains at large after robbing a hotel clerk at gunpoint
  • Water main break creates hole in apartment complex