Weeki Wachee man hurt in garage fire

- A Weeki Wachee man is injured after a car he was working on his detached garage catches on fire.

Hernando County Fire Rescue arrived at the home in the 8200 block of Mazette Road within 8 minutes of the call.

The fire was quickly brought under control and crews prevented the fire from spreading. Fire crews say the man was doing some welding on his vehicle which sparked the fire. The man suffered smoke inhalation as he was trying to put out the fire.

Medical crews on scene determined the patient required treatment at the burn center due to the severity of the exposure.

The patient was airlifted to Tampa General Hospital’s Burn Unit.

Up Next:


Up Next

  • Weeki Wachee man hurt in garage fire
  • N-word painted on Citrus Co. family's house
  • St. Pete's Manhattan Casino to become restaurant
  • Brooksville man arrested wearing Confederate Flag mask
  • Counties prepare for dueling rallies over Confederate monuments
  • Turtle trackers busy during peak hatching season
  • Manatee Co. Commission votes to leave Confederate monument in place
  • Police search for driver in deadly hit-and-run
  • TPD: Suspect shot after attacking officers behind house
  • Kissimmee reeling after officers gunned down