TAMPA (FOX 13) - A popular ride at Busch Gardens is running again after a precautionary safety check.
The Congo River Rapids ride was shut down yesterday after four people died on a similar ride in Australia earlier in the week.
Two riders were flung from the raft and two others were trapped either underwater or in the machinery on Dreamworld's Thunder River Rapids ride Tuesday. Two children who were in the raft at the time of the accident were hospitalized, Queensland Premier Annastacia Palaszczuk said.
In Tampa, Busch Gardens officials said Tuesday that they would close the river rapids ride until they could understand what happened in Australia -- a move applauded by park-goers.
Both rides feature circular rafts floating along man-made river, with a conveyor belt helping move the rafts through the water.
A Busch Gardens spokesperson announced this morning that their ride was running again.
"Out of an abundance of caution, Busch Gardens Tampa Bay closed Congo River Rapids to make a thorough review of our operating and redundant safety procedures in place, as a continued commitment to guest safety," Karen Varga-Sinka wrote. "That review has been completed, and the ride will reopen today, October 26, 2016."