Electrical worker shocked while working on utility pole

- An electrical worker was severely shocked while working on a utility pole in Pasco County.

City officials say the 30-year-old man was working on a pole on Foxwood Drive Friday night when his shoulder made contact with a live wire while climbing up the pole.

Fellow utility workers used the victim’s safety belt and lowered him to the ground.

He was taken to Tampa General Hospital in critical condition. No word on how he’s currently doing.

He was a private utility contractor and did not work for the city.

Pasco Fire Rescue says the incident is a reminder to people to be careful when coming in contact with live wires. If you see wires down in the road, do not approach them. If you are working with live wires, remain extra vigilant especially in wet and rainy conditions.

Up Next:


Up Next

  • Electrical worker shocked while working on utility pole
  • Florida schools can cut back year by 2 days due to storm
  • Sarasota teen not heard from since before Irma
  • Former counselor takes gamble on child porn plea deal
  • Friends united by tragedy remeber 9/11 16 years later
  • Shelter opened for Withlacoochee River evacuees
  • Operation Blue Roof expands in Tampa Bay
  • Sebring residents still without power, struggle with flooding
  • Irma causes erosion on Pinellas Co. beaches
  • Tampa Puerto Ricans watch, worry as Maria hurtles towards U.S. territory