Four people overcome by carbon monoxide at Bartow restuarant

- A carbon monoxide scare sends four people to the hospital in Bartow.

Polk County Fire Rescue crews responded to the Catfish Country restaurant, on E. F. Griffin Road, just after 2:30 p.m. Monday.

 Rescue workers found four people who needed to be treated for possible carbon monoxide poisoning.  All of the patients had been using chemicals to clean inside the restaurant.

Crews found carbon monoxide levels to be more than 500 parts per million.  Anything over 50 parts per million is considered to be hazardous.

The four patients were transported to Lakeland Regional Medical Center.

Up Next:


Up Next

  • Four people overcome by carbon monoxide at Bartow restuarant
  • Dunedin man facing explosive charges has mental health evaluation
  • Polk County Haunted Jail accepting visitors - if you dare
  • Pinellas Park shop cat, missing 5 years, returns thanks to microchip
  • TPD on Seminole Heights murders: 'Someone's terrorizing the neighborhood'
  • Troopers search for truck that hit, killed 19-year-old
  • Four injured in drive-by shooting in Tampa
  • County won't remove pile of Irma debris from private property
  • Controversial ICE program allows Pasco deputies to check immigration status
  • Community takes stand against Seminole Heights murderer