Hover boards catch fire in Haines City

- Haines City firefighters responded to a fire Saturday that was believed to be caused by charging hover boards.

The fire happened around 2 p.m. at a home on Baker Dairy Road.

According to fire officials, the hover boards were plugged into the same outlet after being used. Moments later, a fire broke out.

Investigators believe the fire may have started in the charging device and spread, causing smoke damage throughout the house.

No one was injured during the incident.

Up Next:


Up Next

  • Hover boards catch fire in Haines City
  • Florida to charge road tolls again, starting Thursday
  • Forged letter, fake checks leads to Clermont woman's arrest
  • 'Museum Day Live' coming to Tampa Bay museums
  • Alert issued for Sarasota teen missing since Labor Day
  • Police search for woman who followed victim home and attacked her
  • Nanny Marissa Mowry, accused of molesting 11-year-old, is pregnant again
  • Withlacooche River expected to crest later this week
  • Crash involving Georgia deputy leads to DUI arrest
  • Assistance still available for Irma victims