Lightning sparks fire at St. Pete home

- A home in St. Petersburg was destroyed in a fire early Saturday morning.

Firefighters responded to the home on Glades Court NE around 2:30 a.m.

Flames and smoke could be seen coming from the home when crews arrived.

Officials said the fire was caused by a lightning strike. The homeowner was able to escape unharmed.

Up Next:


Up Next

  • Lightning sparks fire at St. Pete home
  • Serious injuries for mom, toddler hit by car
  • Manatee deputy resigns after domestic battery arrest
  • Lakeland bakery working overtime to fulfill cruffin cravings
  • Metro Ministries makes Thanksgiving special for families
  • Retailers, shoppers getting ready for Black Friday
  • Even a hurricane can't sink this Thanksgiving tradition
  • LaFountain making best of second chance at life
  • Poll: Americans dread political discussions at Thanksgiving
  • College students spend holiday with special needs residents in Lakeland