Man dies in Pasco house fire; investigation underway

- A man is dead Wednesday morning after a Pasco County home caught fire.

According to Pasco County Fire Rescue, the blaze started around 1:30 in the morning at 13009 Newgent Road. Firefighters arrived as smoke filled rooms and flames burned through the walls and attic.

Two people escaped before the first engines arrived. The pair alerted firefighters to a man trapped inside the burning house.

Firefighters used thermal imaging cameras to pinpoint the 67-year-old victim's location. Medics transported him to the hospital where he died.

Investigators sifted through debris and took pictures throughout the morning. The arson dog sniffed for clues to explain how the fire began.

So far, authorities have not released any information about a possible cause or the identity of the man who died.
 

Up Next:


Up Next

  • Man dies in Pasco house fire; investigation underway
  • One person found murdered at Tampa home
  • Deputies: 'Spiderman' fugitive tried to flee by sneaking out back door
  • Hurricane debris could fuel bad wildfire season
  • Outback experiments with to-go locations
  • Man convicted of murdering girlfriend, two others
  • Holiday woman died due to faulty airbag, report says
  • Citrus shelter closed due to bacteria that could spread to humans
  • Immigration, local officials to announce public safety efforts
  • Police investigate home invasion robbery in Plant City