Man's new hoverboard catches fire

Hoverboards are a reality and they are one of the hottest gifts this holiday season.

And we mean hot.

Timothy Cade of Alabama says he was riding the scooter when it caught fire, right underneath his feet.

And this isn't the only flammable incident. A hoverboard being charged in a Louisiana home ended up catching fire and it sent the house into flames.

The makers of the hoverboards have not commented, but eight injuries have been reported over the last three months. But those were from people falling off the scooters.
 

Up Next:


Up Next

  • Man's new hoverboard catches fire
  • Helping America's heroes, one step at a time
  • Rape suspect arrested in two St. Petersburg cold cases
  • Polk detectives look for lotto ticket scammers
  • Tampa police search for skimmer suspect
  • Clearwater police seek help finding missing teen
  • Smart meters could slow power restoration in Lakeland
  • Rescheduled Snooty memorial to be held Sunday
  • Hernando bank robbery suspect dies after deputies fire shots
  • Man dies, girl injured when Jetski collides with boat in Clearwater