NEW PORT RICHEY (FOX 13) - Sand and sandbags will be available from 9 a.m. until 2 p.m. Please bring your own shovel to use.
Anyone in need of information about flooding or protective measures, contact the Hernando County Sheriff's Emergency Management Office at (352) 754-4083 or email email@example.com.
Additional information is available in the Hernando County Flood Handbook on our webpage at: http://www.hernandosheriff.org/em/publications/PDF/FloodHandbook.pdf
Pasco County sand bags it will provide sand bags, but residents should bring their own shovels. The county said there is a 20-bag limit per resident and the locations are open to Pasco County residents only.
Localities have begun to offer residents free sand bags ahead of a tropical system which is expected expected to move in from the Gulf of Mexico and soak the Bay Area.
Pasco and Hernando counties, and the City of Tampa are opening up several locations for sand bags this weekend ahead of the rain.
Hernando County Emergency Management said sand and sandbags may be purchased at local home improvement stores. In addition, a limited supply will be available to residents on Saturday, June 4, at two locations in Hernando County:
- The Hernando County Department of Public Works
1525 E. Jefferson Street, Brooksville
- The Hernando County Fire Station #2
3445 Bob Hartung Court, Spring Hill, off Deltona Boulevard
The county will open the following locations from 7 a.m. - 5 p.m. until further notice, the county said.
- West Pasco Government Center, 7356 State Street, New Port Richey (self-serve)
- J.W. Mitchell Park, 4025 Little Road, New Port Richey (self-serve)
- Veterans Memorial Park, 14333 Hicks Road, Hudson (self-serve)
- C-Barn, 30906 Warder Road, San Antonio (self-serve)
- Land O'Lakes Rec Center, 3032 Collier Parkway, Land O'Lakes (self-serve)
- Fire Station #2, 6907 Dairy Road, Zephyrhills (self-serve)
For more information on Pasco County resources: www.pascoemergencymanagement.com
Sandbags will be available Sunday, instead of Monday, from noon to 6 p.m. Sandbags will be available at the following locations:
- Northeast Park, 875 62nd Avenue NE. (located at the Cardinal Drive entrance to Mangrove Bay Golf Course)
- Bartlett Park (Frank W. Pierce Recreation Center), 22nd Avenue S. between Sixth and Seventh Streets
The City of Tampa said it will make sandbags available to city residents at two locations:
- Bobby Hicks Pool- 4201 W. Mango Avenue
- Jackson Heights Playground -3310 E. Lake Avenue
Hours of operation will be:
- Saturday, June 4th: 1pm - 7pm
- Sunday, June 5th: 1pm - 7pm
- Monday, June 6th: 1pm -7pm
Tampa residents interested in receiving sandbags must show identification verifying residence within the city limits. A valid driver's license, utility bill, or electric bill will serve as appropriate identification. There is a ten bag limit.