Suspects wind up in ditch off Interstate 4

- Three suspects are in custody Thursday after a car chase ended with both the suspects' and law enforcement vehicles crashed into a ditch off of I-4. 

Hillsborough County Sheriff's Office confirmed that someone had seen the suspects stealing lawn equipment out of an open garage and reported the crime. But when deputies arrived, two of the thieves,  David Dickson and Louanna Tallent fled in an SUV. The third suspect, Michael Moncrief fled on foot. 

Deputies pursued the vehicle occupied by Dickson and Tallent through the Seffner neighborhood and onto westbound I-4. It appeared that in an attempt to get law enforcement off their tail, the suspects drove off the road and into a steep ditch.

The deputies in pursuit followed the SUV, and both vehicles became stuck in the ditch at the Orient Road exit. 

SkyFOX was able to capture the moments just after the chase came to an end in the ditch, and streamed via Facebook Live as deputies removed one gun and two magazines from the vehicle.

With two of the suspects in custody, deputies geared their search towards finding the third, Michael Moncrief. Using both aerial and ground techniques with a helicopter and K-9 team, Moncrief was located and taken into custody as well. 

Reports say that two of the suspects have lengthy criminal records, and one had just recently been released from jail. 

Stay with FOX 13 for more. Click here to watch on Facebook Live video.

Up Next:

Up Next

  • Suspects wind up in ditch off Interstate 4
  • Women wanted for taunting child with autism on video at Winter Haven school
  • Jewelry store offers $300 reward for TECO lineman's lost wedding band
  • Skimming devices found at Ybor City SunTrust Bank ATMs
  • Tampa Bay school districts announce makeup days
  • Withlacoochee expected to crest Wednesday
  • After Dunedin school serves as shelter, 80 books missing from classroom
  • Hillsborough County deputies rescue 103-year-old woman during Irma
  • Neo-Nazi takes plea deal on explosives charges
  • Local lineman dies during Hurricane Irma recovery efforts