Weeki Wachee man hurt in garage fire

- A Weeki Wachee man is injured after a car he was working on his detached garage catches on fire.

Hernando County Fire Rescue arrived at the home in the 8200 block of Mazette Road within 8 minutes of the call.

The fire was quickly brought under control and crews prevented the fire from spreading. Fire crews say the man was doing some welding on his vehicle which sparked the fire. The man suffered smoke inhalation as he was trying to put out the fire.

Medical crews on scene determined the patient required treatment at the burn center due to the severity of the exposure.

The patient was airlifted to Tampa General Hospital’s Burn Unit.

Up Next:


Up Next

  • Weeki Wachee man hurt in garage fire
  • Suspicious death investigation underway in Brooksville
  • Alleged burglar found sleeping in grandmother's home
  • St. Pete police hand out Black Friday safety tips
  • Police Explorers recognized for help locating lost child
  • Judd blames Dept. of Juvenile Justice for I-4 chase, crash
  • Florida Botanical Gardens kicks off Holiday Lights in the Gardens
  • Prepare to protect your holiday gift deliveries from porch pirates
  • Winter Haven police warn of fake lottery scam
  • ATM machine stolen from adult entertainment club, deputies say