Weeki Wachee man hurt in garage fire

- A Weeki Wachee man is injured after a car he was working on his detached garage catches on fire.

Hernando County Fire Rescue arrived at the home in the 8200 block of Mazette Road within 8 minutes of the call.

The fire was quickly brought under control and crews prevented the fire from spreading. Fire crews say the man was doing some welding on his vehicle which sparked the fire. The man suffered smoke inhalation as he was trying to put out the fire.

Medical crews on scene determined the patient required treatment at the burn center due to the severity of the exposure.

The patient was airlifted to Tampa General Hospital’s Burn Unit.

Up Next:


Up Next

  • Weeki Wachee man hurt in garage fire
  • Tampa warehouse fire under control after 4 hours
  • Smart meters could slow power restoration in Lakeland
  • 4-year-old dies after finding gun in grandmother's purse
  • Jewelry store offers $300 reward for TECO lineman's lost wedding band
  • Skimming devices found at Ybor City SunTrust Bank ATMs
  • Florida ranch takes 'farm-to-table' one step further
  • FEMA opens one-stop-shop for help after the storm
  • Donations pour in as Bay Area Puerto Ricans worry about family back home
  • Center opens in Tampa for veterans in need of prosthetics