Man rides bike through foam blob and lives to tell the tale

- There was a slight chill in the air on a bright, fall Friday in Santa Clara. It seemed like a typical way to end the week, but something was amiss.

A substance had been awakened inside Hangar 7 at Signature Flight Support on Martin Avenue.

It was bubbling, brewing, waiting to unleash. At around 11:30 am, the floodgates opened, and the foam had spilled out of the vents and into the street swallowing up an entire parking lot into it's fluffy mass.

Emergency responders, news media, and curious onlookers began to descend on the mysterious blob.......and one thrill-seeker.

Blake Harrington arrived on his bike shortly before 1 p.m. The foam blob had grown 10 feet high. 

After a brief hesitation, Harrington launched into the foamy abyss on his bicycle and disappeared.

Friends and thousands of people watching across the world on Facebook live, held their breath wondering if he had been swallowed alive.

After a few suspenseful minutes, Harrington emerged, drenched in white suds.

"Yeah, someone had to do it. We were on the other side and the officers over there were like 'you should ride through.' And I was like, 'OK you guys don't mind?' So we decided to do it." 

Harrington said the foam felt like soap and admitted to being "that guy."

He also said that at some point, he crashed into a street sign.

His expedition was not to be replicated, as firefighters blocked the area off with red tape as soon as the explorer found his way out. 

After his ride, and covered in foam, Harrington said he was headed back to work. 

Up Next:


Up Next

  • Man rides bike through foam blob and lives to tell the tale
  • Woman snatched from street, thrown into car in apparent kidnapping
  • Can you survive on a potato diet?
  • Domestic fight leads Berkeley police to uncover $1M in psychedelic mushrooms
  • President Trump announces trip to visit hurricane-ravaged Puerto Rico
  • Baby left in car seat on side of Oklahoma freeway found by church group
  • Colorado toddler swallows 28 Buckyball magnets, parents say
  • Recalled strollers can become a fall hazard for infants
  • Deputies: Child left alone in car outside Disney resort
  • Woman gets 1st degree burns from toilet seat after contractor visit