Mom: Daughter got 2nd-degree burns from cell phone & metal necklace

- An Illinois mother says her daughter was badly burned in a freak accident involving her charging cell phone and a necklace.

Jackie Fedro told Buzzfeed News that an electric current traveled through the phone into her 13-year-old daughter's metal necklace, leaving her with scars from second-degree burns.

She said her daughter, Gabbie, had been using her cell phone with the charger that came from the store. Jackie described the incident as traumatizing for the family.

"It’s the worst feeling in the world as a mother to watch your child scream in pain and have no idea how to help her,” she told Buzzfeed News, adding that her daughter had just gotten her first phone for Christmas.

FULL STORY ON FOXNEWS.COM.

Up Next:


Up Next

  • Mom: Daughter got 2nd-degree burns from cell phone & metal necklace
  • Hurricane Maria continues trek through Caribbean
  • Deputies search for toilet paper thieves
  • Study says 'cheating' on your diet may be the healthiest way to lose weight
  • Josephine PD shoots man who went to city hall with rifle
  • Soldier returns from Iraq to surprise twin sisters at Virginia high school
  • 2nd sinkhole opens up in Florida neighborhood
  • 'Decapitated body' is really Halloween decoration, police say
  • Aaron Hernandez had severe CTE; daughter sues NFL, Patriots
  • Budweiser giving out Lyft codes for free rides