Teen dies from using too much deodorant

(FOX News) - A British teenager who used cans of deodorant in lieu of bathing died from inhaling gas.

Police found 42 aerosol cans in the room of Thomas Townsend, 16, of Folkestone, Kent in southeast England, The Sun reported.

According to his mother, Sally, Thomas would spray half a can of deodorant on himself instead of taking a shower, then spray aftershave to cover up body odor.

"He would go through a can a week,” she told investigators. “I didn't know he had so many cans in his room but he was a big hoarder.”

Click here to read the full story from FOX News. 

Up Next:


Up Next

  • Teen dies from using too much deodorant
  • Pentagon faces demands for details on deadly attack in Niger
  • KFC follows 11 people on Twitter and the reason is mind blowing
  • Ex-Oklahoma inmate sues county over nearly 4-day erection
  • 'You are my slave:' School ends Civil War dress-up activity
  • Newborn's dad sold heroin in hospital maternity ward, police say
  • Actress Heather Kerr alleges sexual misconduct against Harvey Weinstein
  • Uncle drowned 6-year-old nephew in bathtub, authorities say
  • Transgender woman convicted of sexually assaulting 10-year-old girl in bathroom
  • Little boy deputized, will be a police officer for Halloween