Indiana girl nearly chokes on fidget spinner, firefighter says

- An Indiana firefighter is warning parents about fidget spinners, a popular fad toy, after his daughter nearly choked on a metal piece that flew off.

The child was spinning her fidget spinner while sitting in the backseat of the car when one of the metal bearings broke off and flew into her mouth, according to a Thursday Facebook post on Decatur Township Fire Department's page.

"I did about 5 minutes of back blows and with her coughing it became dislodged and went to her stomach," the firefighter wrote.

The girl was hospitalized and later released. A photo of an x-ray showed the metal piece stuck in the girl's stomach.

Read more at FOXNews.com.

Up Next:


Up Next

  • Indiana girl nearly chokes on fidget spinner, firefighter says
  • Tropical Storm Cindy comes ashore in southwest Louisiana
  • Philando Castile shooting dashcam video released
  • Georgia inmates help deputy who passed out during work detail
  • Five hound puppies bitten by snake
  • Mother accused of attempting to suffocate baby at Levine Children's Hospital
  • Vehicle hits people near London mosque, causing casualties
  • Navy identifies sailors killed in USS Fitzgerald crash with a civilian ship
  • Woman who sent texts urging suicide guilty of manslaughter
  • Russia claims it has killed IS leader al-Baghdadi