Video shows e-cigarette explode in man's pants

- Surveillance video captured the moment that an e-cigarette battery apparently exploded in a Kentucky man's pants pocket.

The scary scene unfolded at an Owensboro gas station convenience store as the man went up to the counter, FOX News reported.

Footage shows the man run outside and try to pull the smoldering pants from his body while an employee with a fire extinguisher comes to his aid.

"I was behind the counter.  Then there was fire.  So I didn't know a thing about anything.  I could see there was fire and I needed to stop that," clerk Jassi Singh recalled.

The man was taken to the hospital and treated for second-degree burns.

WATCH

 

Up Next:


Up Next

  • Video shows e-cigarette explode in man's pants
  • Confederate statue toppled in North Carolina during protest
  • Man accused of ramming protesters pictured with racist group
  • Trump warns North Korea that US is `locked and loaded'
  • Richard Overton taken to hospital for pneumonia
  • Arrest made in search for driver who hit French soldiers
  • Family dog finds help for two Utah girls struck by lightning
  • Trump: Transgender people will not be allowed to serve in U.S. Military
  • Heat causes dough to rise up out of truck, onto highway
  • Trump calls Obamacare "death," urges overhaul