Cat recovers after being bound by duct tape

- A cat is recovering after being bound by duct tape and stuffed into a backpack.

According to Clovis Police, officers stopped a suspicious bicyclist Sunday at 8 a.m.

Police say the bicyclist, later identified as 24-year-old Cody High, initially lied about his name.

Officers determined his correct identity, and learned he was on felony probation for drug violations.

As officers opened his backpack for a probation search he told them he had a cat inside that he thought was dead.

Officers opened the backpack to see a cat, which had electrical tape wrapped around its neck, face and nose.

The cat’s front and rear legs were also bound together with the tape.

Officers thought the cat was dead but once they took the tap off its face, it began to breathe.

The cat was taken to an emergency vet where the rest of the tape was removed.

The cat received medical care and is doing well.

According to police, a veterinarian said the cat would have likely died in the backpack if officers had not stopped High.

The cat was microchipped and authorities are working on finding its owner.

Police say High was arrested for charges including animal cruelty, false ID to an officer, violation of probation, and possession of narcotics paraphernalia and booked into Fresno County Jail.

Up Next:

Up Next

  • Cat recovers after being bound by duct tape
  • Canadian coffee chain combines latte with Buffalo Sauce
  • Man accused of beheading mother to have charges dropped, report says
  • Investigators looking for clues to what set off Vegas gunman
  • Guitarist from Las Vegas festival: 'I was wrong. We need gun control now'
  • Las Vegas shooter's father, 'Bingo Bruce,' lived colorful life of crime and deception
  • TMZ: Former host and co-creator of 'Let's Make a Deal,' Monty Hall, dead at 96
  • Trump lashes out at San Juan mayor who begged for help
  • Hugh Hefner, Playboy founder, dead at 91
  • Royal Caribbean cancels cruise to help hurricane relief efforts