Indiana girl nearly chokes on fidget spinner, firefighter says

- An Indiana firefighter is warning parents about fidget spinners, a popular fad toy, after his daughter nearly choked on a metal piece that flew off.

The child was spinning her fidget spinner while sitting in the backseat of the car when one of the metal bearings broke off and flew into her mouth, according to a Thursday Facebook post on Decatur Township Fire Department's page.

"I did about 5 minutes of back blows and with her coughing it became dislodged and went to her stomach," the firefighter wrote.

The girl was hospitalized and later released. A photo of an x-ray showed the metal piece stuck in the girl's stomach.

Read more at FOXNews.com.

Up Next:


Up Next

  • Indiana girl nearly chokes on fidget spinner, firefighter says
  • Canadian coffee chain combines latte with Buffalo Sauce
  • Man accused of beheading mother to have charges dropped, report says
  • Investigators looking for clues to what set off Vegas gunman
  • Guitarist from Las Vegas festival: 'I was wrong. We need gun control now'
  • Las Vegas shooter's father, 'Bingo Bruce,' lived colorful life of crime and deception
  • TMZ: Former host and co-creator of 'Let's Make a Deal,' Monty Hall, dead at 96
  • Trump lashes out at San Juan mayor who begged for help
  • Hugh Hefner, Playboy founder, dead at 91
  • Royal Caribbean cancels cruise to help hurricane relief efforts