Trump won't block scheduled release of JFK records

- President Donald Trump says he doesn't plan to block the scheduled release of thousands of never publicly seen government documents related to President John F. Kennedy's assassination.

Trump says in a tweet that "Subject to the receipt of further information, I will be allowing, as President, the long blocked and classified JFK FILES to be opened."

The National Archives has until next Thursday to disclose the remaining files related to Kennedy's 1963 assassination.

But Trump could have blocked the release on the grounds that making the material public would harm intelligence, law enforcement, military operations or foreign relations.

The documents include more than 3,000 that have never been seen by the public and more than 30,000 that have been previously released, but with redactions.

Up Next:

Up Next

  • Trump won't block scheduled release of JFK records
  • Incendiary device explodes in Austin, not related to prior bombings
  • Amazon recalls portable chargers on reports of fires, burns
  • Human tooth found in bag of Planters cashews, woman says
  • Equifax finds additional 2.4 million impacted by 2017 breach
  • Trump endorses raising minimum age to 21 for more weapons
  • 14 worms pulled from woman's eye after rare infection
  • Suspected poacher mauled to death by lions in South African reserve, reports say
  • Russian plane carrying 71 people crashes outside Moscow
  • Viral Facebook post sparks fears over how clean bathroom hand dryers are