Video shows e-cigarette explode in man's pants

- Surveillance video captured the moment that an e-cigarette battery apparently exploded in a Kentucky man's pants pocket.

The scary scene unfolded at an Owensboro gas station convenience store as the man went up to the counter, FOX News reported.

Footage shows the man run outside and try to pull the smoldering pants from his body while an employee with a fire extinguisher comes to his aid.

"I was behind the counter.  Then there was fire.  So I didn't know a thing about anything.  I could see there was fire and I needed to stop that," clerk Jassi Singh recalled.

The man was taken to the hospital and treated for second-degree burns.

WATCH

 

Up Next:


Up Next

  • Video shows e-cigarette explode in man's pants
  • Another earthquake, magnitude 6.1, shakes jittery Mexico
  • Trump, the 'America First' president, addresses UN
  • MARIJUANAVILLE? Phoenix-based cannabis company buys small California town
  • US clears first 'living drug' for tough childhood leukemia
  • 15 trillion gallons: putting the rainfall total from Hurricane Harvey in perspective
  • New Mexico officials: 2 dead, 4 injured in library shooting
  • North Korea fires missile over Japan, Pentagon confirms
  • Hurricane Harvey closes key oil, gas operations in Texas
  • Hawk seeks refuge in taxi during Hurricane Harvey