We're happy to be continuing a new segment on the FOX 13 4 O'clock News. It's called One Hour Suppers with Dr. BBQ.
Here’s the recipe for ranch chicken mac and cheese; you can watch the video for more tips.
- 2 pounds boneless skinless chicken breast cut into medium sized cubes
- ½ cup ranch dressing powder
- ¼ cup vegetable oil
- 1 stick butter
- 3 cups half and half
- 3 eggs lightly beaten
- 8 ounces Velveeta cut into cubes
- 2 cups shredded cheddar cheese
- 2 cups shredded jack cheese
- Salt and pepper
- 1 pound cooked and cooled rotini
- ½ cup ranch dressing
- 2 cups crushed Cheetos
- Preheat the oven to 350°.
- Season the chicken with salt, pepper. Dust with the ranch powder and toss to coat evenly.
- Heat the oil in a large skillet over medium high heat. Add the chicken and cook, tossing occasionally for about 8 minutes until golden brown. Transfer to a plate covered with paper towels and set aside.
- In a large saucepan melt the butter. Add the milk, then add the eggs and whisk until they are incorporated. Continue cooking, stirring often for a couple minutes, then add the Velveeta.
- Continue cooking and stirring until the milk reaches a low simmer. Add all of the cheese and continue cooking and stirring until it’s all melted and mixed in. Season with salt and pepper and mix.
- Place the rotini in a large bowl. Top with the chicken and the cheese sauce. Mix well.
- Drizzle with the ranch dressing. Toss lightly to leave the ranch in streaks.
- Transfer to a large casserole that has been sprayed with cooking spray. Smooth out the top and place in the oven.
- Cook for about 30 minutes until hot and bubbling. Remove from the oven and top with the Cheetos.
YIELD: Makes about 8 servings