Roughly 2 servings for almost a pound of salmon
-1/4 cup rice wine vinegar
-1/8 cup sesame oil
-1/8 cup olive oil
-1/4 cup soy sauce
-3 tbs. honey
-1 tbs. fresh ginger, peeled and grated
-Salt & pepper, to taste
1. Mix the marinade ingredients.
2. Season the salmon with salt and pepper and cook in a pan with a little sesame oil, about 3-4 minutes per side.
3. After flipping salmon once, pour half the marinade in the pan and let it reduce and thicken as the salmon finishes cooking. The other half of the marinade can be used as the dressing for the slaw.
Asian slaw with ramen noodles
-3 cups Coleslaw mix
-1/2 package instant ramen noodles
-1 tbs. sesame seeds
1. Start by breaking up the ramen noodles into smaller pieces. Then cook as instructed (leave out the seasoning packet).
2. Mix coleslaw mix, ramen noodles, and sesame seeds and toss in the remaining marinade.
4. Let chill in the refrigerator, preferably an hour or two to let the flavors combine.
SEE MORE RECIPES AT Vanessa's food blog.