Admitted foot-fetishist arrested for attempted kidnapping

Image 1 of 2

For the second time this year, the Hernando County Sheriff's Office has arrested a man for targeting women, and this time they said he rear-ended the female victim with his car, held her at knife point and tried to kidnap her.

Corey Irizarry, 27, is charged with kidnapping, aggravated assault with a deadly weapon, robbery, battery and tampering with a witness.

He had been in Hernando County Jail since his last arrest in March when, deputies said, he offered a 12-year-old girl $20 to lift her skirt. Once arrested, he denied that allegation and told investigators he simply asked for a picture of her feet because he has a sexual foot fetish.

"This time he's actually resorted to physical violence," Sheriff Al Nienhuis said. "Both are very serious crimes, but this is obviously much more serious."

Two weeks ago, deputies said, Irizarry follow a woman out of a Dunkin Donuts and proceeded to tail her in his car to a nearby subdivision.

"She was driving and noticed a car very close to her. That car eventually bumped her and rear-ended her," Sheriff Nienhuis said.

After the collision, the woman got out to check on the damage.

"She was holding her cell phone using it as a light, and Irizarry came up behind her and put her in a bear hug," the sheriff said.

While holding a knife to the female victim, deputies said Irizarry threatened to kill her if she screamed.

"She did fight back. She was able to knock the knife out of his hand and a scuffle ensued," the sheriff said.

During the scuffle, Irizarry kneed the woman in the face before he drove off, according to the sheriff's office.

They were able to track him down because his library card fell from his key chain during the altercation.

The Hillsborough County Sheriff's Office arrested Irizarry in 2011 for another foot fetish related incident. He was then charged with battery, false imprisonment and lascivious behavior. A year later he was arrested for domestic violence.

"Hopefully with these charges, he's not going to see the light of day for quite some time," Sheriff Nienhuis said.